The Story Behind The Grown-Up Thin Mint
Inspired by the famous Girl Scout Cookie, this Thin Mint cocktail gets its chocolate and butterscotch backbone from a healthy pour of bourbon. The true star of the mix, however, is Vandermint Liqueur, a somewhat obscure, mint-chocolate liqueur from Holland. If you have trouble finding it, a chocolate liqueur can provide similar flavor; but it’s worth seeking out the original.
Mint is the standout herb here, thanks to the Brancamenta. The whipped cream and mint cookie crumbles provide the perfect textural contrast.
- 1 ounce bourbon, such as Woodford Reserve
- 3/4 ounce Vandermint Liqueur, or chocolate liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Brancamenta
- 1 1/2 ounce vanilla almond milk
- Freshly whipped heavy cream (recipe follows)
- Garnish with crumbled mint cookies
- Combine all ingredients except whipped cream and garnish into a cocktail shaker with one large cube.
- Lightly shake to chill, and then strain into glass.
- Top with freshly whipped heavy cream, and garnish with crumbled mint cookie.
Rate This Recipe:
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- ¼ cup heavy cream
Whipped Cream Directions
- Add heavy cream to a protein or cocktail shaker.
- Shake until cream has thickened.