How To Make A Gin Martini
Vodka Martinis may be popular, but if you want a true Martini it should be made with gin. Despite vodka's popularity, most cocktail aficionados would agree that the best Martini recipe is a gin Martini recipe. Looking into the history books for the origins of the Martini will reveal a similar story: the earliest recognizable Martini recipes, from Italy and the United States, all call for gin. Favoring vodka over gin isn't the only thing that's changed over time -- early recipes were much heavier on the Vermouth.
Gin Martini Ingredients
- 2 ¾ oz Gin
- ¾ oz Dry vermouth
- Lemon twist or olives for garnish
Gin Martini Directions
- Combine ingredients in an ice-filled mixing glass or shaker.
- Stir vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into chilled coupe or Martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist or olives and enjoy.