The Story Behind The Old-Fashioned Summer
Port is an excellent, low-proof cocktail ingredient. I combined a rosé version with my honeysuckle simple syrup and Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao, a high-quality triple sec. The result is a light, summery take on an Old-Fashioned that is refreshing all year long.
- 1 ½ ounces rosé Port
- 1 ounce quality triple sec, such as Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
- ½ ounce honeysuckle simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to chill and combine.
- Strain into a cocktail glass over fresh ice.
Rate This Recipe:
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup fresh honeysuckle
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Allow the syrup to infuse, uncovered, for 5 minutes, tasting frequently to determine desired intensity.
- Rest in cool space, such as your fridge, for 10 minutes.