How To Make A Mojito
The Cuban-born Mojito, a favorite of Ernest Hemingway, saw its popularity soar in the early 2000s. It may not be the trendiest drink anymore, but when prepared well it's delicious and refreshing.
- 2 oz White Rum
- 1 oz Lime
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 10 Mint leaves, and mint sprig for garnish
- Gently muddle mint leaves in Collins or highball glass, taking care not to break the leaves.
- Add remaining ingredients to the glass.
- Mix well.
- Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint sprig and enjoy.
Rate This Recipe:
Yield: 1 Cocktail
Mojito Recipe Video
Mojito Variations To Try:
- The Pink Strawberry Mojito Recipe - In this riff, the classic Mojito is elevated with the addition of strawberries as both an ingredient and garnish. A generous splash of grenadine adds a pleasant pink hue.
- The Jamaican Rum Punch Recipe - This small batch recipe uses a French press to extract flavors of cinnamon, mint, and jalapeño, along with rum and toasted coconut. The longer the mix marinates, the more powerful the flavor.
- The Blackberry Mojito Recipe - This tasty Mojito calls for blackberries, blackberry jam, and a sprinkling of sugar. Muddle the components with lime and mint to fully release all of the drink’s flavors and aromas.
Related Reads & Recipes
Learn About Rum
· Rum 101
More Rum Recipes To Explore
The Mandarin Bramble Recipe:
This twist on the classic bramble cocktail uses white rum, fresh mandarin orange juice, and pomegranate syrup. Get the recipe and learn how to make it here.
Dark ‘n Stormy:
Get our recipe for a great Dark & Stormy. Learn everything you need to know to make a perfect Dark & Stormy.
Rum Negroni Recipe:
With summer finally here and the sun warming our shoulders and faces, we're feeling quite Mediterranean, putting a spin on the Negroni.
The Jamaican Rum Punch Recipe:
This French press cocktail recipe created by Tyler Zielinski for VinePair mixes rum, Grand Mariner, pineapple, lime, toasted coconut, jalapeño, and mint.
The Painkiller Recipe:
This classic tiki cocktail can be made with different rums at varying strengths. Get the recipe and learn how to make it here!
The Tiki Bonfire Cocktail:
This tiki cocktail uses two types of rum and several fruit juices, yet maintains its bright, balanced flavors. Learn how to make it with this easy recipe.